[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: energize laser with TC? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 02:24:54 +0500
From: "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: energize laser with TC? (fwd)

On Fri, 1 May 1998 05:20:05 -0700 (PDT) gweaver
<gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net> wrote;

> ...It would be interesting to see if a good laser
> tube would laze from a TC.

Gary, I have succesfully lazed several HeNe lasers varying in size from 10
mw up to 150 mw! The key was not overpowering them, I had best results by
touching one of the laser tubes H.V. leads with a hand held Tesla coil
called a "Violet-Ray" machine, it is identical in construction to the
vacuum testors and runs on 25 watts A.C. and generates about 50 KV and
makes 1 1/2 to 2 inch sparks.

                                       Sincerely

                                        \\\|///
                                      \\  ~ ~  //
                                       (  -at- -at-  )
                                   Alfred A. Skrocki
                               Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                           alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                      Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at;
                       http://www.geocities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/6251
                                     .ooo0   0ooo.
                                       \_)   (_/