[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Halloween night, CP cap {con,de}struction

In a message dated 11/5/98 5:50:10 PM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<<
 That cap you have has been sent back to CP and non-destructively examined
 by them (note the dual "serial" numbers on it).  I have two 1" spheres .5"
 apart.  I'd make sure that you have plenty shielding around the disk
 incase it blows.  I have 1/2" polycarbonate all around the thing.  It
 seems that the higher the break rate the better it does, but the harder it
 is on the caps.  That's how I blew my first home made cap.

 Chip

Chip,

The rotary gap is mounted in a 1/2" thick plywood box.  It is mounted in the
roll around cart that the coil is mounted on along with the two caps.  The
cart has galvanized steel roof flashing wrapped all around it which should
help to contain flying parts - hopefully I won't have any more.  The first cap
that exploded did put a good dent in the galvanized steel.

Ed Sonderman