[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Natural RF suppression?

"I'm saying the conductance changes at RF frequencies for aluminum. I
have
heard this on this list. I don't know how dramatic the change is. At
first
thought, I was relating this to the resistive oxidation which aluminum
develops, but posts indicated it is at the RF frequencies which
aluminum's
conductive ability drops, and this tells me that it is not the resistive
oxidation, but the actual characteristic of aluminum at high
frequencies. I
don't know why, and it may or may not be true, but if it is true, then
could
this variable be used somehow.
Bart"

	The increase in resistance due to skin effect in aluminum or any
non-ferrous metal is small at the frequencies at which our TC's work.
It is really enough, but really a high frequency phenomenon.  If coils
were wound with really big wire the effect would be much more
significant.

Ed