unpotted NSTs

Original poster: "Chris Dobson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <cdobson-at-microtech-dot-com.au>

Hi all

Can the list tell me just how indestructible a de-potted NST, shunts out,
oil-immersed would be?
Is it still wise to use a filter circuit?
Also, I have modified an RQ type spark gap so that it is a "vacuum" type - ie,
a vacuum motor draws air strongly through slots in the side of the cylinder,
through each gap. My question is, does the amount of suction affect the
efficiency of the gap, and if so would a variac or dimmer switch be a good idea
to control the motor speed?

Chris

Riana, TAS