[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Initial setting for sync phase angle on an RSG

you can use a three phase variac on three phase power to create a variable
phase shift.  A variac wired as a series inductor will also create a phase
shift, but it is a bit hard to figure out how much shift you'll get (since
the inductance of the variac isn't usually a handy nameplate number)

> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Initial setting for sync phase angle on an RSG
> Date: Thursday, February 10, 2000 1:54 PM
>
> Original Poster: "Megavolt Nick" <tesla-at-fieldfamily.prontoserve.co.uk>
>
> Hi Bart,
>             this came up a while ago - it Think we decided a variac *in
> series* with the motor might be able to provide a  variable phase shift.
As