Re: RF ground

Terry, all,

I reside in the alluvial plains of the lower Mississippi River Valley
(Memphis),
so the the soil here is pretty much clay. Only this time of year does the dirt
sometimes get pretty dusty. I placed my three 8' copper clad grd rods in the
ground on the north side of my shop building. Unless you happen to be one
of the Aussie members, the north side should get the least amount of drying
sunlight and should retain ground moisture the longest into a drought. The on-
ly thing that's been keeping me out of my shop a lot lately is the intolerable
summer heat. Daily 95 to 100 degree heat with a non-climate controlled shop
tends to dampen the coiling spirit of even us hardiest coilers. I've thought
of in-
stalling a window unit, but the 12'x20' shop isn't insulated, so I doubt if a
win-
dow A/C would do a whole lot of good. I guess I'll just pick up on my coiling
again in October.

Thankfully, we don't have the rocky soil problem that you have out in CO.

So long for now,
David