Tesla Coil Computer Programs

Hi Guys,
There seems to be lots of interest in TC calc programs these days.  Well,
I'm not sure if "the best things in life are free" but it seems that the
best TC calc programs are.  The following link takes you to my TC test and
measurement page where I have a reworked version of the Sonderman
spreadsheet as well as a link to Terry's E-tesla file.

http://users.better-dot-org/roverstreet/resources/measure.htm

I think that the spreadsheet using good ole Medhurst and Wheeler is the way
to go.  It gets you within 10% and tells you all you need to know to make
the parts.  Terry's E-Tesla Program can calculate your secondary resonant
freq as accurately as you can measure your physical dimensions!

The Excel spreadsheet rocks because:
1.  it's Free!  (well, you need Micro$oft Excel)
2.  You can see the eqns and change them as you see fit
3.  You can reformat the sheet, add new sheets, make custom calcs, add
notes, etc

The 3rd reason is the one that really has me sold.  I love being able to
type stuff in empty cells, add extra formulas, save a version of the
spreadsheet for each new coil, etc.

Here is the history of the spreadsheet (copied from my page).  Links to both
other versions are on my page.  Ed - thanks for making the original version!
----------
This is a revision of Corey Ruch's revision of Ed Sonderman's original TC
calculator spreadsheet.  Each version has different things that the
programmer felt was important or reflected the individual's style.  My
version is mostly consists of a GUI change that uses less screen space for
the same info.  I also cleaned up some of the equations.  The spreadsheet
programs are my favorite because they are so easy to modify to suit your
individual taste or needs.  The program is designed with the intermediate
coiler in mind so people not familiar with basic (really basic) TC theory
may have a few questions.

Making arcs in SoCal,
Ross-O