Re: better sync motor mods?

In a message dated 1/9/01 9:14:29 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>  John, could you take a picture of that motor rotor, it would be
>  interesting to see the proportions of the whole thing.
>

>  Cheers, Finn Hammer

Finn, all,

The rotor is about 1.5" diameter, and the V cuts are about 1/8" deep
maybe.  It is an 1800 rpm motor, so there are four V cuts.  The
top of the V cuts are about 1/2 the width of the uncut portions.
The V cuts do not have straight sides, but are are curved a little
it seems, as they go down.  I did not dismantle the motor so I'm
just looking at the ends of rotor.  The groove or V cut idea is
something that I had thought about for some time also, but when
I actually saw this in an actual motor, I thought I'd mention it.

John Freau