Re: Calculating unequal cap strings.

Hi Jonathon Reinhart,

The other one on the list spells it "Jonathan" with another "a" in it ;-))

I get an LTR value of 17 - 19nF.  The RMS current is 5.5 amps so two
strings would be best.  I am not sure how much current the CD caps can
handle so I'll play it safe and assume two strings.

2 x 11 would give 18.18nF which is perfect at about $40.  The current and
voltage will be well above what is needed and the value is right on.

I am not sure if anyone knows the RMS current rating of these caps?  Maybe
it is in the CD specs.  If not, I will try to get hold of one and test it.
If anyone has a spare, I would be happy to pay for it and shipping.  I just
need one to run current through to measure the temperature rise.

Cheers,

	Terry
	terrellf-at-qwest-dot-net