Re: FW: SSTC As a transmitter.

Original poster: "cd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vbprg1-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> NASA has already generated
> electricity using a tether from the shuttle. This is something closer to
> Tesla coils because high voltages and surrounding electrical fields are
> involved.
>
> John Couture

The effect is definitly similar, it is based on magnetic indcution.
move an electric current through a wire it makes a magnetic field.
move a wire through a magnetic field it makes a current... kinda cool...

during Nasa's experiment  the teather was used as a a guide and winding
agent for the actual wire...The wire generated so much current It burnt
through the teather and
ended the experiment....read RingWorld... old Luis Wu runs into a
superconducting wire run through Ringworlds sun..unlimited current no
heat/resistance in wire....scary idea...

Ive been kicking the idea around of an orbiting tesla coil
but the sparks are an effect of atmospheric ionization....kinda takes the
fun out of it for use as an output device.. like a cone topload for an ion
motor...ect...but

What if you used secondary type coils attached to outside of the orbiting
ship or station?
A coil is a valid way of getting a large amount of wire outside the ship in
a manageble way.
Seeing as how the nasa experiment was cut short beacuse of inability to
manage High voltage currents,  since Tesla coiling is all about managing
high voltage, miles of wire contained in a reletively small areas, and
pulling usable current out of magnetic fields.....
perhaps they should have contacted the list...before they ran the
experiment..:)

If they put a torus or hollow sphere on the end of the wire would it have
the same effect as when we add a larger topload to simulate longer wire?

Would the best setup for their next nasa wire power experiment be a TC
secondary with a Torus on it drug on short teather???

hrmmmm if the secondary wasnt sealed would it be
a 1/4 wave vacum core transformer?

Chris Dowdy