Re: Waveguide TC

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

 > Is there a possible use for a waveguide -filled with a suitable gas at low
 > pressure- as a discharge lamp like a neon or fluorescent tube?
 >
 > Jolyon

	A very expensive way to make light, but yes there is a use for
gas-filled waveguides.  They are commonly used to limit the power in the
guide and also to serve as switches for the TRANSMIT/RECEIVE function in
radar systems.  The waveguide is actually configured as a resonant
cavity in all of the tubes of which I'm aware.

Ed