Re: RSG Idea

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "Cory Roussel by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<imcuddlycory-at-yahoo-dot-com>

>Hello all,
>
>Just wondering but wouldent it make more sense to
>instead of having a rotating disk with heavy metal
>electrodes through it,  why not have a gap of 2
>electrodes set 5 mm apart with a rotating Plexiglass
>disk, with wedges cut out of it so it conducts at
>certain points in the cycle....

snipperz..

Hi Cory...

the theory is feesable but in reality the heat from the fireing gap
would eventually cut thru most materials that are non conductive...
 remember ..  we are dealing with enuf energy to rip electrons off of
air molecules, imagine what the effects are on other materials...  also
since most nonconductive materials have some type of carbon molecule
structure in them, the material will also begin to " carbonize" thus
leading to tracking and eventually a loss of "insulative" capacity...

Scot D