Re: Is toroid a Faraday cage?

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Yes. I've seen a highly charged Van de Graaf machine which uses a
>rubber belt actually creating sparks back down the belt due to the
>repulsion at the opening.
>
>Malcolm

  Oddly enough, my machine never did this, but it did ruin the PVC support
that held up the sphere.  Some how, a constant spark down the inside of the
pipe formed a track in it, and caused it to short.  After replacing it, my
machine worked much better.

Steve Ward.