Re: Halloween Coiling and the FCC

Original poster: "Laurence Davis by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <meknar-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I've walked around my neighborhood with a longwave
radio that tunes to the frequency of my coil, which
is around 220khz.  The coil is in the basement.  While walking around I
have about a 3 block radius of perceptable noise from the coil.
Right now I'm using 12kv/60ma nsts.  I was using 12kv/120ma until they died,
but even then the transmission range was near the same.

I have a partial faraday cage around the coil. essentially a box without a
bottom and a 3ft wide door in the front. hardly a "cage" and most likely has
little reduction in the transmission.  Just thought I'd mention it anyway
though.

larry.
...Oh, the radio is a radio shack dx398 shortwave radio which has a long
wave on it.  perhaps I will try on a higher harmonic and see how it goes.

Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn-dot-com