Re: MMC Caps

Hi John,

It is unlikely that voltage is damaging the caps but rather current is.

using the equations at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MMCInfo/MMCPower4.html

Ecap = 0.3375 Joules

Rcap = 8.49 mOhm

Wo = 95.25 mW

To = 2 C

So the caps should only heat up 2 degrees C. If we look at the RMS current:

Irms = SQRT (Wo / Rcap) = 3.4 amps.  They can take 8 amps...

So I don't know why your 10 string cap would have been failing?  If you
would want to send me a blown one, I could look at it and maybe figure it out.

Cheers,

	Terry