Re: lower limit to break rate

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Jimmy,

A low breakrate, down to about 60 BPS, can provide good performance
However, too low a breakrate is not - ten BPS is too low to permit
sparks to grow from bang to bang since the heated channel from the
previous bang dissipates before the NEXT bang occurs. If you are also
seeing multiple streamers at this low break rate, your toroid's Radius
of Curvature may be too small. Before changing it, I'd suggest trying
the existing setup with a faster break rate. If you still get multiple
streamers, then increase the ROC (and possibly the outer diameter as
well).

Best regards,

-- Bert --
--