Re: Magnets

Original poster: "Laurence Davis by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <meknar-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Magnets
>Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 13:16:05 -0600
>>
>Stand stationary next to a magnet and you see just a magnetic
>field.  Move past that magnet at some speed (as slow as you like)
>and you still see a magnetic field, but with a bit of electric
>field mixed in with it.  Not only that, but as you approach
>the 'stationary' magnet, the field builds up to a peak and then
>dies away again as you carry on past.  That looks exactly like
>a pulse of electromagnetic radiation, and indeed it is.

So would it then follow that an electromagnet, if pulsed, observed while in
motion would then have a doppler shift associated by it?
If not pulsed and you view the magnet with the particle point of view,
instead of a wave based view, that each electron containing a magnetic
moment would then shift in frequency as per a doppler shift?  That frequency
I would expect to be very high and the shift very low at low speeds
available for testing. Unless I am misunderstanding the idea of magnetic
moments, the frequency would be calculable wrt the current.  The current
would determine the frequency where the voltage would determine the
amplitude of the field created.

I knew I should have stopped here.
considering movement while keeping doppler in the other hand.
secondary/primary wrapped in a not close wound, but space wound
parabolic or geometric spacing. would this then oscillation with respect
to the shift between each coil.  Could this effect be utilized to aid in
amplification in a TC?  The coils would be stationary, but the charges
within them are in movement.   The electric field and magnetic field
components cannot be separated (just as X,Y of a projectile movement).  is
there a possibility of a doppler oscillation interaction?
or would the e-field/b-field statement make that not possible?

larry.

Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn-dot-com