Re: CP out of Tesla Business, again!

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

When a kid decides he wants to build a Tesla coil, and thinks he knows all
there is to know. He asks daddy for lots of money for a cap. BANG. Oh, it
must be the cap! STOMP STOMP STOMP What the .... is wrong with you ....
manufacturers. Give me my ...... ... money back!!!   The kid ends his brief
coiling days and decides he wants to race cars... Hey daddy, I need lots of
money .......

CSI also quit selling caps to coilers. The problem was not the manufacturer
but the buyer who "spec'd" the capacitor for CSI to build. Had the
"manufacturer" been given good information and then specified the cap to
use for the service and it failed, then you can blame the manufacturer. But
when the cap is specified by the buyer who hasn't got a clue, the buyer is
"rightly" responsible.

I would predict in most of these cap manufacturer vs. Tesla cap buyer
dilemma's, it's been the buyer who has too much money and not enough
knowledge. I would also predict that in cases where a cap is properly rated
for it's intended use, and used within it's ratings, and the cap fails
(regardless of who spec'd it), the manufacturers are far more inclined to
replace the cap since this is "rightly" in the manufacturers court.

Well said that all high voltage systems are subject to failure. They are.
Manufacturers know this. But when people start throwing tissy fits because
they lack the common sense to use a little courtesy in their discussions,
the manufacturers get a bad taste in their mouths for coilers. End of
story. End of caps. All it takes is one bad apple to spoil the bunch.

However, I've come to the conclusion that MMC's have saved the day thanks
to Terry and Reinhard - way back when. Let's hope the same dilemma's don't
occur with our MMC manufacturers.

Take care,
Bart