RE: power factor correction?

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

I'm not sure you really mean a motor _start_ cap.  Starting caps are
electrolytic.  Applying AC power for more than a couple of seconds will
toast the cap in short order.  Only motor _RUN_ caps or other continuous
duty AC-rated caps should be used for PFC applications.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>

PFC info:
http://www.lmphotonics-dot-com/pwrfact.htm

Ok but what does this mean for the coiler?... it means a cap across your NST
or MOT makes it draw less amps out of the wall.

My 2, 12/60's like  a 300mf motor start cap.

Good luck
Read you later
Josh