Re: making a motor synch?

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

Hi David.

sorry I have to get back onto that, but I thinks you are probable closer to
success than you might think.
Before removing more Material from the rotor I'd strongly recommend trying a
bigger start-cap first in combination with a variac.
I used a benchgrinder too and the motor looks and acted exactly as you
describe it and I feel it might work.
However, better than taking off too much material an loosing torque. When
the motor syncs, you will instantly "feel" it. The number of revolutions
when in sync is probably a bit higher than what you get now.

sincerely

Christoph