Variac Help

Original poster: "EMMETT SECREST" <secrest2032-at-msn-dot-com>

I am in need of help on wiring of a Technipower 30A Variac.  I purchased it
used and there are no instructions. I don't want to toast it as it was a
little on the expensive side so your assistance is appreciated.  It has
five connection points in this order;

1  5  3  2  4

1 = one end of the coil
5 = between connection 1 and the center tap
3 = center point of coil
2 = between the center point and the end of the coil, point 5
5 = the other end of the coil

This is a 130 volt single phase model that mounts inside a cabinet of some
type and does not have it's own enclosure.. My question is which points
does the 120V supply connect to and which points are the output. Also where
would the safety ground connect.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Emmett

_