Re: Awesome Quarter Shrinking Capacitors --> Manhole Shrinker

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

While I'm pretty sure everyone's joking about
shrinking a manhole lid, I thought I'd point out that
most coins I've shrunk are made from fairly ductile
metals. The exception may be the zinc penny seen here:

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/adam/temp/penny.jpg

Most manhole lids are cast iron, which is fairly
brittle. You'd probably get something more like my
penny as opposed to actually shrinking it, but give it
a try!

I've had mixed results with a variety of foreign
money, but the penny is the only one that was actually
ripped apart. I may try again at lower power. I
haven't tried anything ferrous though. I've got some
old steel pennies I may try.

Adam