Re: Improving my poorly designed coil

Original poster: Gregory Hunter <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I have 3 suggestions:

* get a better spark gap, I recommend a single static
sucker gap

* get a bigger tank cap. 50nF should be about right

* get a real topload. 4" aluminum dryer duct wrapped
around two 9" pie plates should improve performance
considerably

By following my own advice, I've extracted up to 45"
sparks from a 4" x 18" secondary, and up to 60" from
my 4" x 24" secondary using a pair of MOTs and a
voltage doubler for power.

Cheers,

=====
Gregory R. Hunter