RE: Bang energy vs. streamer length measurements

Original poster: Marco.Denicolai-at-tellabs-dot-com

Hi John,

I use an SMPS to charge the primary capacitor, not a pig nor an NST.

The test specification is very simple. I charge the primary capacitor to
a certain (predetermined) voltage, then I discharge it through the RSG.
I do this a certain number of times per second. Capacitor voltage and
BPS are varied as from my data on the web.
You can't make it much more simple than that :)
You can calculate the bang energy from the capacitor voltage (that's how
I did) and, if you want, the average power to the TC multiplying it by
the BPS. Remember that here we are talking about the TC energy balance,
excluding its power supply (the CCPS).

Best Regards