Re: Terry Gap vs. TCBOR...

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 >  >          Terry
 >
 > Great!  I'm glad to know you are interested.  The
 > glue
 > was nice and cured by this afternoon, so I did some
 > preliminary test firings.  It wouldn't fire tapped
 > at
 > 20 pipes, so I had to reduce it by 4 or 5 and it
 > fired
 > at an 80% variac setting or so.  Amazing performance
 > with what looked like 4 footers or larger leaping
 > out
 > into free space.
 >
 > I plan on writing a text file with detailed specs,
 > exact variac settings, and even VA comparisons if I
 > can borrow an amp clamp from one of the hams around
 > here.  And I still have yet to drag out the TEK and
 > set up an antenna.  I will certainly keep you and
 > Luke
 > (and whoever else is interested) posted.  Plus I
 > plan
 > on making gap measurements available as well.
 > Someone
 > remind me, if I forget that.  I'll try to find time
 > make a section on my hot-streamer page documenting
 > this experiment.
 >
 > -Brett

Ok, I'm going to reply to my own message here...I
forgot to mention the fact that this preliminary test
seemed to indicate that the reason for the pitiful
performance of the Fritz gap in my system before, was
due to its base being contstructed out of unfinished
wood, which absorbed moisture from the air.  After
replacement with Lexan, performance was excellent.
More tests will follow, possibly tonight if I end up
dragging the Tektronix from underneath that boat
anchor.

-Brett

_