Re: Just about

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 5/5/04 10:44:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Got it. but what exactly should I do? is it crucial,
>and cant I just modify my existing primary?

Nir,

I didn't look at your website, but if the coupling is too tight,
you can raise the secondary coil relative to the primary
coil and reduce the coupling that way.  In most cases
this works fine.

>The holes are in the parts of the PVC that are not
>coiled, such as the plastic caps at the end or the
>PVC's body at the bottom (Like shown in pictures at my
>web page). Is it still a problem?

It depends on how much power you run.  At low powers
you can probably get away with haveing a wire enter the
secondary at top or bottom, and it will run for at least awhile
that way.  Many folks used to build them that way in the past
until it was found to be not so good.

John