Re: Hmmmm...(was CDE 942c20p15k Group buy)

Original poster: "Arpit Thomas" <arpit-at-inzo-dot-org>

On 19/05/2004 at 8:16 AM Tesla list wrote:

 >Original poster: Kreso Bukvic <kreso.bukvic-at-kc.htnet.hr>
 >
 >Well im not going to torture them like that anymore ( ok maybe little
 >more).
 >I dont care about hte PT. If it dyes one phone call and i will get a NEW PT
 >, with specs i want. Or i could just order one of those super strong custom
 >built NST-s. You cannot kill one of these even if you want to.

How are you getting these?If elecctrical parts are cheap in your country
why not get a small substation trasnformer and an ex laser cap bank and
REALLY go for it ;)
You know what we in the tesla list should do? get a large container shipped
from croatia full of cheap transformers ;)

It also seems to me that if maxwells are putting up with a lot of abuse,
good; but maybe a pole pig would be better suited to it than a potential
transformer.

 >Main point - maxwells CAN take this abuse ( remeber what my last maxwell
 >did
 >and how much he whitstood). In the factory where they make PT-s they said
 >that in a resonanant rise the voltage was surely above 40 kVAC. And he did
 >take these spanking really god, problem was that he was really old and no
 >life in it.

What happened to your last one?

 >Terry is a great guy, he donated parts for a SSTC, gave me maxwells
 >cheap...
 >
 >Other point is, why did i then buy these capacitors?
 >
 >To have them under my pillow and never use them. Im having them for
 >sparking
 >and when i kill them im sure Terry will buy more for me.

Still, he's not a charity ;)