Re: DC power on Tesla secondary (was 20 joules at 100 bps vs 4 joules at 500 bps)

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm sure that it will do very bad things to a TC secondary. 20kJ is an order of magnitude greater than I have had available before and I have a bit of trouble conceptualising that power.
I once reported a gunshot to the police. It turned out it was about a mile away. I think it might be similar.

Peter

Original poster: boris petkovic <petkovic7@xxxxxxxxx

> I am about to receive two 52uF 20kV caps. It would
> be interesting to have a TC arc with 20kJ behind it. It doesn't sound > too hard on the cap in terms of voltage reversal either with the long > arc in series
> with the inductance but it would be interesting to
> measure.
> Peter
> http://tesladownunder.com/
-----
But It does sound dangerous for your secondary .
Are you positive it is capable of handling 20 kJ pulse
without destroying itself?

Boris