RE: Capacitor Help

Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>

Wow Malcolm , it looks great and to think just a few nights ago you were
asking how to make your primary look better. You are moving along very
fast. I wish I had as much time and energy to spend on my HV stuff. Do
you have time for a regular job? :)
If you need some brass balls for your safety gap you can get them at
home depot in the lamp parts. I used three , one in the center to ground
and one on each side to the NST.

Rich , from the middle of Missouri

Thanks.  I got the strike ring make tonight too
http://www.v8-ranger.com/temp/tesla/19.jpg
I wasn't sure if I was supposed to connect one end of it to earth or
not?

And I made my capacitor bank or MMC as I believe it's called.  I also
put 10
Meg 1/2 watt resistors across each cap as suggested.
http://www.v8-ranger.com/temp/tesla/20.jpg
http://www.v8-ranger.com/temp/tesla/21.jpg

Still need to make the safety gap across the MMC and wire up the HV
stuff.
Oh and winding the secondary and building  my torid are the last two
major
things.

Do I adjust the safety gap across the MMC slightly larger than what ever
my
spark gap gets set at?  1/8" or 1/4" wider, maybe?

Thanks
Malcolm - KC