Re: magnetic quenched triggered gap

"The magnets in magnetrons are subjected to high frequency AC and they
don't
demagnetize. Although not operating at nearly as high a frequency, the
magnets in a Tesla Coil spark gap would also be subjected to high
frequency
AC or at least high frequency pulsed DC, right??
Paul"

	The magnets in a modern cavity magnetron are completely isolated from
the RF field.  In the case of the spark gap I suspect the same is nearly
true.  The field around the spark could be calculated from the peak
current but I'm too lazy to do it.  I suspect eddy currents in the
magnet would prevent any field from entering it very far.

Ed