MARINOV MOTOR

Original poster: Bert Pool <bert.tx@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I have "killed" a number of conventional motors on rotary spark gaps. It seems that all it takes is one errant secondary spark strike and the motor windings are kaput!

If this Marinov motor has no windings, than that would seem to make it ideal for a rotary spark gap motor.

A question for Ed Wingate: if this motor is indeed driven by thermal forces generated between the bearings and races, then should it not work on a.c. as well as d.c. power? If this motor would work on a.c., eliminating the need for rectifiers, then I think it might make a very interesting and robust drive motor for Tesla coil applications. And how much torque can such a motor deliver? Enough to drive a thin G-10 disk?

Bert Pool