Re: ScanTesla 6.00.... and load models

Hi Terry,

This is my believe too based on your experiments. I just didn't know what you meant by

Cload = length / 12pf and I had a typo in what I thought you meant. It should have said:

Cload = length (ft) * 12pf / ft  but this is way too large.

seems like you mean

Cload = length (ft)  * 1pf / ft

Oh well, it must be one of those days.

Gerry R.

Hi Gerry,

The best model "I" have is that a streamer presents a load to the coil of 222,000 ohms plus 1pF per foot of streamer. So each foot of streamer is an added 1.0pF.

So if we go from primary bang energy to streamer model impedance the equations (Freau) is

Zs = 220000 ohm + 18.6 / 12 *sqrt("Energy/Bang")

I think that will be different in the DRSSTC case since they are more energy efficient without the spark gap...

That is also at 120 BPS, but coils seem to be not to concerned about PBS in the 100 to 240 BPS region.

Cheers,

        Terry