Re: Beating Steve's coil >:o))

Hi Steve,

The primary RMS current is 40 amps!!! I used 0.15 for the primary resistance so there goes 240 watts right there... The RMS secondary currents (I don't calculate that) is probably high too so the coil my run "warm" But that would be 0.688 amps in the 391ohm secondary which sure seems high... I should look into this more. Even though the streamer power is highest, the coil is not running perfectly efficiently and the tuning is not "perfect"...

Cheers,

        Terry