Re: GFI-ed NSTs

Original poster: Timjroche@xxxxxxx

Miles,
i too have 12Kv/60mA Franceformers...the xfr is potted with asphalt...a google search will show you the most popular way is to throw it in n oven for a few hours...some use heat guns or torches, however you must be careful....no matter the method, its smelly, sticky, & a pain in the "arse"....some folk say it's not worth it....i live in LA so there are numerous sign shops that will sell NST's for $25 - $40...if your in an area that you gotta drive 5 hrs. and pay $100 , then it my be worth unpotting....the last 2 i got I paid $50 for both and the shop owner said "anytime"....the best thing to do is talk to people who blew one side and repaired it....it's all about how much time you think is worth spending on it

tim