[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Resistor
- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 16:45:17 -0600
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Old-return-path: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Resent-date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 16:46:12 -0600 (MDT)
- Resent-from: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
- Resent-message-id: <391-6.A.8TG.y8LIDB@poodle>
- Resent-sender: tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx
Original poster: Matthew Smith <msmiffy@xxxxxxxxx>
Brad McPeak wrote:
"I just received some 10 megohm resistors for the MMC I am building
but I accidentally ordered .25 watt instead of .50 are they of any use?"
Bart Anderson replied:
"They will work, but the only problem I have is distance from end to
end. If it were me, I'd just try it. If you begin to get arcing
across resistors, well, then replace them."
If the distance is an issue, would treating the assembly with a
decent conformal coating help matters?