Re: Fourteen 1.5kVA "piglets" for sale on eBay.

Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Well you could always buy an even number of them and pig farm them like nst's with a few as a ballast. You could prob go up to 72kV with 10 of em with the center grounded (+/- 36kv) like an nst. Not particularly cheap overall, but better than trying to move a single1000-lb x-ray transformer or a 300-400lb pig vs. 80 lb each (aww they're so cute).

Mike
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 1:24 PM
Subject: Fourteen 1.5kVA "piglets" for sale on eBay.

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thought somebody might be interested in these.
They're little 1.5kVA oil-filled pigs, brand new, for
$180 each.  Not a terrible deal, really, if you're
into the "brand new" thing :-)  Granted they're 7.2kV
and not the oft-recommended 14+kV, but I imagine you'd
get by.  That, or use one to build a really large
VTTC!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Distribution-Transformer_W0QQitemZ7584279549QQcategoryZ100184QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They are awfully nice-looking!!  I've got an
oil-filled switch about that size!

---
All this said, if you're within a drive of Seattle,
WA, and don't mind a junker, talk to me off-list; I
regularly pick up 25kVA units for less than the figure
above :-)

aaron