Re: Web site access issues (please read)

Hi Chip,

I have many "host file blocks" from Kim Komando...

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

and then just about everything from Peer Guardian going:

http://phoenixlabs.org/

Between them, they probably kick "off" 15% off the net :o))) If any software jumps to ad sites or screwy sites and stuff (like google search) :o)))) Expect the "other site's" software to crash.... I note that sites that try to click to "doubleclick" and other "tracking sites" sometimes crash out... I have full "yahoo" and "MSN" blocked out too...

I would expect any 'fancy software" to be on those block lists which might prompt problems...

"I" might be special since "I" have all the tools going... Be interesting if normal folks have no problems... But I tried on my SUN machine and it coughed up "without" any fancy net blocking....

"the free version of one of my employer's products." OH!! that's a bad sign :o))))))))) Thank goodness they have "you" to fix it ;-)))

Hope this helps out. I looked at the site stuff but it was way to complex &:-) I just let God sort them out :-)))

Unfortunately, massive web IP blocking seems to be the coming wave... But I have to admit, it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,

        Terry