Public service announcement stuff :-)

Hi,

Here in Larimer county, they take hazardous waste of your hands for free!

http://www.co.larimer.co.us/solidwaste/HAZ.HTM

Noting that I had "way too much" here, I "rounded it up" and took it out
there today.  They "joyfully" took all the concentrated sulfuric and
hydrochloric acids along with some screwed up stuff and some obscene
quantities of ozone destroying chemicals.  They also take liquid mercury,
batteries, Chlorox, ammonia, and other less killer stuff.  I don't think
they understood about the "old" "scotchguard"...  Other than noting one had
trichlor in it...  It will now be with "them", for a "very long" time ;-)

It was a slow day (windy) here, but they all quickly had their "super
rubber gloves" on toting my old stuff to the proper areas and sheds
;-))  It was funny cause the "kid" was ready to take anything at first
;-))  Here "kid" check "this" out!!!  "Boss" was there in about 15 seconds
putting on his gloves :o)))  As I "speed away", they were still separating,
categorizing, and cataloging...

They started looking through the spray cans for stuff that had 1,1,1
trichlor in it, till I produced 3 gallon cans of the "pure stuff"!!
;-)))  We used to spray clean benches off at HP with it........

So first thing this spring, I have cleared the place of all those screwed
up chems I never "needed" anyway ;-)

Maybe others would like to follow in this to save the environment (or your
lab) from unneeded chemical "events".  I was thinking on the way over what
would happen if the car got backended....  "What is in the chemical cloud
sir?"  "Everything officer!!  Just everything!!!"   I did keep all the
acids on the left side and all the bases on the right side and everything
else in the middle though :o)))

So if you have any old chemicals around that you don't "really" need and
that could make a "mess" if they "get loose".  Now might be a good time to
take them to your local "place" for "safe" disposal.  They also took the
lead/acid batteries and mercury light bulbs without a glance...

The State can also help you out on radioactive things...  Mine were too
"weenie" to be a concern though :-p

Explosives are easy since the sheriff guys think that is fun ;-))

So sleeping more soundly tonight knowing that the house "should not" blow up
from the few "good things" I still have >:O)))

Cheers,

	Terry