Re: expresspcb

Hi DC,

A 6 x 8 inch bare PC board without silk or solder mask runs $40 each in a quantity of 30. That is almost as much as the parts for the filter. It is far cheaper just to use standard G-10 and drill the holes and wire the connections.

McMaster Carr sells a 12 x 12 x .0625 FR-4 sheet for $6 (<http://www.mcmaster.com/itm/find.ASP?tab=find&context=psrchDtlLink&fasttrack=False&searchstring=8667K211>8667K211). So it is hard to justify paying so much for a big PC board.

PC boards or far more economical when you can pack both sides solid with surface mount parts rather than mounting 7 inch long power resistors.

Cheers,

        Terry