controlling sidac current

Original poster: "BRIAN FOLEY" <ka1bbg@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi, i am back to thinking again and thot much of last night, can we use Mike who works for B. Golka use one his typical step up/down potted coils to adjust the comfort level of the igbt and feed the caps from its secondary? I never did hear how costly that majic grey potting compound is but i suspect expensive. this way we could control the ratio of primary for igbt current and ratio as a secondary which forms the primary of the coil?...this approach seems to be stuck in my mind but not sure how or what the circuit would look like? cul brian f.