Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 04:45:32 +0000
From: ameen_ghavam@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: pain from coil strikes (fwd)

    With really really really small coils ( like, say, 2 inch arcs), I
don't see any real danger except maybe with the primary coil ( arc from
topload, hand, primary). If the wattage is small you'd probably not be
badly hurt. For really small arcs with a lower current rating, I don't
think the elecrticity would be able to cause enough heat or disturbance to
damage your nerves or vessels (one extreme small, a plasma globe).
However, I DON'T think you should draw arcs from large coils unless you
want to serve your insides for thanksigiving this year {;). One question
tho, is the damage caused by heating (added resistance from skin effect)
or electrical disturbances to the nerves?
                                               Cheers,
                                                     Ameen Ghavam