Re: [TCML] Q

Hi Jared,

As coupling decreases, frequency splitting decreases. The secondary will
have its highest Q when completely uncoupled.

This is one of the things I have based my experimental coil on. However for reasons already known, it increases the cycle time to the point that a high percent of the energy is burnt up in the spark gap plus other losses in the circuit. I can only see it working with solid sate stuff to help overcome some of the problems. Easier said than done, but I am doing it anyway ;-)

Isn't overcoupling the "double hump" problem ? Where the secondary starts to get driven on the BPS speed of the spark gap aswell as the resonance point ?

Chris