New Find

Original poster: "Tim Flood" <tflood@xxxxxxxxxxx>

The company was going to scrap an old ozone generater, which I intercepted it on the way to the scrap hopper, with permission. The HV transformer inside the generator is a GE 120v primary, 15/16/17 Kv sec. at 200VA. The transformer has only one HV bushing. By hooking up one leg of a jacobs ladder to the HV side and the other leg to ground I got a very healthy arc, approximately 5".

I have a question as to how to wire this transformer into a tank circuit as there is only one HV output as compared to the normal set-up for a NST. Should I connect the HV to one side of the tank circuit and ground the other leg or what is the proper way to use this unit?

Thanks for any input.

Tim Flood