Re: [TCML] Spark gap

I would love to see the data which supports that statement. I've built poor and good rotary's, poor and good static gaps. Gaps are not so easy to quantify and highly "power" related.

Bart

Henry Hallam wrote:
Among other things, the propeller gap is better at quenching (shutting off the spark), especially at high power.

Henry

Rich Schmuke wrote:
I am going to ask a simple question but please give a simple answer. I am not a EE just a builder. I was asking about a rotor gap the other day and it was suggested I try a propeller gap for my 200ma coil. Well I have a motor from a 8" hard drive now and am going to build a mount as soon as it is warm
enough to get to my shed. My question is why is a propeller at 3600 RPM
better than a RQ copper tube gap? 60 cycle RQ vs a 3600RPM it's the same
break rate I think.

Rich