[TCML] secondary variable frequency

Hey all,
     I've got a theoretical question.  Adding a top load lowers the
tesla coils resonant frequency, what about adding a bottom load?  Would
putting a toroid or some kind of capacitor between the coil and ground
lower the coils resonant frequency?  I think I may have touched on this
subject before, but for a different reason.  In any event, will a cap in
series with the secondary (on the grounded end) lower the coils resonant
frequency, and is there any way to raise it beyond what it naturally is
(inductor in series possibly?)  This is a theoretical question, I'm not
really that interested in the possible negative effects on performance
(although I am sure they are a consideration.)  Thanks.

Scott Bogard.