Re: [TCML] pole pigs from Gustav

"The piggies I saw on the way to a job were on the curb, ready to be
picked up as trash."

(snip),

This sounds more like wishful thinking, rather than rational thinking.

Just because the pigs were lined up along the curb doesn't mean that they were waiting for the garbage man to pick them up.

How many "trash trucks" have you ever seen that were equipped with lift gates,  jib cranes, or a flatbed capable of lifting and safely securing multiple 300-400 lb transformers?

And I refuse to believe that any power company, regardless of how large or small, simply "throws away" transformers that may or may not be servicable. There's just too much value in the contents: 20+ gallons of oil, 30+ pounds of copper, 15+ pounds of aluminum, 100+ pounds of steel/iron, etc.

The transformers were lined up along the curb waiting for either an electric company truck, or a designated salvage service to pick them up.

Herr Zapp