Re: [TCML] The Hammertone Predikter

Finn Hammer wrote:
piranha skrev:

Terry, Could you explain to me what a ring up signal is.
Until now I have been using it as the current ring-up in the primary of a DRSSTC, and as the ring-up in the secondary of both a DRSSTC, and also a classic Tesla Coil.

Another thing: It has been suggested that I use an adjustable inductor with a threaded ferrite slug,
I don´t have any parts numbers so can´t really comment on it.
Anyone got parts nos. for adjustable inductors, in the 0.1 to 5 uH range, and preferably shielded.

Cheers, Finn Hammer

When the current is anything but a pure sine wave, there are other things that will affect the timing. Such as when the amplitude of the current is varying. The ring up is the opposite of this:

http://www.motionscript.com/mastering-expressions/img/exp-decay-sine.gif

But the added time is very small it seems.

Here are some parts but I don't know about current and saturation of the cores:

http://www.motionscript.com/mastering-expressions/img/exp-decay-sine.gif

http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T091/P1505.pdf
http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T091/P1496.pdf
http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T091/P1480.pdf

http://www.surplussales.com/Inductors/Ind-SlugTu/Ind-SlugTu-6.html

The variable inductor is a great idea! But we might want a variable air core inductor? It depends on how well the ferrites will do there. But just a slug might not have saturation problems.

These are cool :)

http://www.surplussales.com/Antennas/TransVarInductor.html

Terry