Re: [TCML] Primary Capacitance Calculations - "Black Boxes"

No, they are not.

I've seen them being built in 1984 at Maxwell Labs in San Diego.  They use
alum. foil and extend the foil 2.5" out of each end.  The foils are joined
using a secret proprietary alu. soldering technique. They are also "wound"
in a clean room with the techs wearing space suits similar to Intell's chip
fab process.

They are definitely much more robust than MMC type caps and better suited to
pole xmfr applications. I've been using them since 1978 and have never ever
had a single failure.  Now we do our own high energy discharge caps and sell
them for 1/2 the price of an equivalent Maxwell cap.

Dr. Resonance