RE: [TCML] Acrylic Covers

some of the info below just can't be true - in particular, whatever dielectric effect adding material around the coil has is not dependent on the existance of an airgap - the effect may be insignificant, but if you do the math, you will see that for these situations the existance of a gap doesn't matter.  What is true is that if there is an air gap, you can have all the normal effects of air taking place in that gap.