[TCML] Variac ballancing chokes re-visited

In my power control cabinet I have a 3 stack variac consisting of 3 X 520 V, 30 A units. I was using one homemade balancing choke made from a 10 A, 240 V variac core wound with 2 sets of 9 turns of #8 wire for balancing 2 of the 3 stack variacs. I now wish to use all 3  in the stack. I have made 2 more similar balancing chokes from burned out
10 A, 240 V cores. I have seen 2 schemes for wiring these. Here's a shot at an asci drawing of each.

A)      ________________________
        I         __              ___          I
        I        I    I            I      I         I
        UUUU        UUUU        UUUU
        --------          --------        ---------            The V1,V2, V3 are the variac wipers (outputs)
     _ --------      _ --------       _ ---------`            I think this was done by Matt D. (bunnykiller)
 V1  UUUU  V2  UUUU   V3 UUUU
                I_________I_________I
                             OUTPUT

B)

                                        V2
                --------------------    I        -------------------
 V1_____ -------------------- __ I____ -------------------  _______  V3
                UUUU  UUUU            UUUU  UUUU
                          I                               I
                          I                               I
                          UUUU________UUUU
                                    OUTPUT

Are both methods equally effective or is one preferred over the other?

I would appreciate any comments,

Thanks